Location: Austin, TX – San Jose, Ca – Remote
Currently seeking a Workspace Engineer for our premier client in the manufacturing industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of information system concepts and technologies.
- Working knowledge of PC desktop tools (MS Windows and Office skills).
- Inventory management skills (both logistical and financial) to manage the lifecycle for Workplace Systems.
- Experience demonstrating strong communication and organizational skills to interface with associated vendors, interfaces, and processes.
- Experience demonstrating project management and leadership skills.
- Experience demonstrating strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience interfacing with the business to meet requirements and targets.
- Knowledge of database systems from a workplace operations perspective.
WHAT YOU LL DO
- Leads the planning, implementation and maintenance of Workspace Systems that performs to defined business expectations.
- Ensures equipment availability (planning, lifecycle upgrades) by steering operational processes surrounding IT End Devices.
- Works closely within the global network of Workspace Systems and ensure that standards, operations, processes and procedures are aligned and follows the directions of the function Workspace Solutions . Ensures overall adherence to the client Strategy.
- Provides support of worldwide service transitions (change management).
- Coordinates the IT standardization of legal entities or locations as required.
- Steers of service request fulfillment for operational projects, moves or non-standard requests.
- Escalates to management unresolved, singular incidents or service requests after an end user escalation.
- Directs the facilitation of equipment ordering in local SRM (incl. standard end devices).
- Organizes the physical access management for providers in relevant IT applications.
- Provides event, access, incident and problem management as well service request fulfillment for non-standard solutions.
- Utilizes technical and process skills to ensure delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
- Runs complex projects ensuring they are completed on time and within budget with only general direction from management.
- Monitors reports to ensure (Service Level Agreements) SLAs are met and all processes are followed as necessary.
- Participates in client IT projects.
- Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts.
- Maintains current knowledge of future innovations, technical trends and applies this to direct future changes. Aligns knowledge of the solutions available to best practices for the business processes.
- Develops project plans, administers the change control process and ensures that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]